Finding the best sandal to travel with may not be the easiest task, and you may need more than one pair.
The options will depend largely on your comfort needs, most importantly, and then on our trip plans and personal style.
Sandals for Traveling What to Consider
Before you can go out and choose some sandals for your summer travels, you need to ask yourself these questions;
- What Will The Weather Be Like? – Opting for a sandal means that the area you are visiting generally has and mostly warm and sunny weather, which is important to make sure of; otherwise, a sandal may not be the best choice.
- What Occasions Will Your Be Attending? – If you are only going on casual excursions, you can go for informal sandal types. For formal events, you will need something dressy with a heel. A flip flop is ideal for beachwear and hiking in the great outdoors, a sports-type hiking sandal.
- What Area Are You Going to be Visiting? – Outdoor and hiking or nature areas require a much more durable and supportive sandal type with a tread designed for outdoor trails. Whereas for indoors and cities, a more fashionable styled comfortable sandal should work.
- What is The Walking Surfaces Like? – The walking surfaces can affect your choice of sandals. As mentioned, for outdoor and trails, you will need a trail-specific outsole. Simultaneously, for hard surfaces and city or urban areas, a durable and well-cushioned sole is necessary for shock absorbency. For uneven and rocky surfaces or slippery surfaces, more lug soles and stability features may be required.
- What is Your Personal Style? – Last but not least, you need to stay true to your own fashion sense and style and select something that you can wear even after your travels are down.
Types of Sandals You May Need for Traveling
- Dress Sandals – Dress sandals are ideal for an evening out or for more formal occasions. A dress sandal has a more elegant style and usually a slight heel or a wedge heel if you are looking for something comfortable.
- Beach Sandals – For excursions to the beach or poolside, you will need a pair of comfortable and slip-resistant flip flop sandals for those wet surfaces.
- Walking Sandals – Depending on where you are walking, as I have mentioned, a sporty trail walking sandal for outdoors. You can consider an in-between formal and casual sandal for visiting the town and daily excursions, with plenty of shock-absorbing cushioning and a comfortable fit.
- Leisure Sandals – These need to be comfortable and do not need to be appealing; you can use them for wearing at your hotel room or on flights to give your feet a rest.
Features of a Good Sandal for Travel
- Outsole – A durable and robust rubber outsole that offers good traction.
- Cushioning and Support – Shock absorbing midsole and cushioning. A comfortable and cushioned footbed.
- Uppers – Stylish and elegant design that is multifunctional. Smooth and no-irritating upper design. Adjustability for a customized fit.
Reviews: The Best Sandals for Travel
Here you will see some of our top favorites in sandals for traveling of al sorts;
Comfortable Travelling Sandals
- There is a full-length orthotic footbed in both these models that have a deeper heel cup and offer biomechanical arch support, which will keep your feet supportive and comfortable.
- The outsole is made from a slip-resistant, durable rubber so you can walk on all terrains and surfaces.
- The Triple density EVA midsole and additional heel cushioning help attenuate shock and protect your joints and heels.
- The uppers are soft and will not cause any unnecessary friction.
Memory Foam Traveling Sandals
- The uppers have soft textile and fabric linings and construction in many color variations.
- Easy slip-on and off design.
- Comfortable and supportive memory foam footbed with a contoured design.
- Fully cushioned for shock absorbency.
- Durable design with a rubber outsole and fast-drying water-resistant materials.
- There are an adjustable hook and loop closure for a customizable fit.
- There is a slight heel on both shoes for better stability, and the sole is also quite flexible.
Fishermans Travel Sandal
- This sandal features the popular Smart Comfort system for a more customizable fit.
- There is an Orthopedically designed anatomically shaped arch supportive comfort footbed.
- The protective Nylon shank offers excellent puncture proofing and stability features.
- A durable and multi-density shock-absorbing outsole designed for all terrains.
- Comfortable and soft closed-style uppers that are highly breathable.
Sandal For Traveling
- Synthetic uppers straps with the classic two-strap and buckle design, made from foamy and durable EVA.
- A soft cushioned footbed with pronounced arch support and a deeper heel cup for support.
- The footbed will comfortably mold and contour to the unique shape of your feet.
- Overall the soles are flexible and durable with shock-absorbing EVA and a slip-resistant tread.
- Available in many color variations to choose from.
Slide Sandal For Traveling
- Soft and quick-drying synthetic uppers with a Velcro closure so that you can adjust the fit to your preference.
- Features a heatGear, lining to keep you cool and dry.
- The footbed is made with two layers of performance-enhancing 4D foam and anatomically contoured for your comfort and support.
- A re-engineered EVA outsole has durable traction pods on the tread for enhanced traction and grip.
- The sole is likewise cushioned for maximum shock absorbency and is very lightweight.
Casual Sandal For Traveling
- Soft and friction-reducing textile uppers that are adjustable for a customizable fit.
- A slight platform sole with lightweight 5 Gen cushioning.
- A Goga Max high remound comfort and support insole.
- The uppers’ fabric is soft and heathered.
- Durable tread for traction and grip.
- Some color variations are available for your perusal.
Fancy Flip Flop Sandal For Traveling
- Soft and smooth leather uppers on the Breeze and Nubuck leather uppers in the Bosun Coast.
- Synthetic linings to reduce friction.
- Comfortable and cushioned sole and shock absorbing midsole.
- Both have a high traction durable outsole.
- There are three neutral color selections in the Breeze, and the Bosun Coast is available in a tan Suede to feel leather.
Dress Sandal Sandal For Traveling
- The Jace features waxy nubuck upper with a smooth neoprene lining to reduce friction and absorb moisture.
- The Jace also has a foam padded comfortable footbed and a microfiber moisture-wicking sock liner.
- We have a few neutral color options available in the smooth leather uppers with decorative laser cutouts in the Winnie.
- The Winnie is an adjustable slingback sandal with a comfortably padded and cushioned footbed and a durable rubber outsole.
fashionable Closed Style Sandals for Travelling
- The Brixby has genuine leather uppers, while the Sillian has an upper textile design.
- Both sandals feature a Cloudtseppers Cushion soft technology footbed for comfort and support.
- The fisherman style is comfortable and protective.
- There are a few neutral colors from which you can select.
Casual Travel Sandal
- The uppers are textiles and fully adjustable.
- The sole is flexible and cushioned for comfort with an EVA cushioned footbed.
- The footbed is also in line with a microban anti-microbial lining to prevent odors.
- There is a Durabrasion high abrasion-resistant rubber outsole.
- You can also choose from many color options available.
Index Table: Top Rated Sandals for Travelling
|No.||Product||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Vionic® - Comfortable Travelling Sandals||Leo||Shore||Vionic||97|
|2||Skechers® - Memory Foam Traveling Sandals||Louden||Reggae Zig Swag||Skechers||96|
|3||Timberland® - Fishermans Travel Sandal||Fisherman's||Fisherman||Timberland||98|
|4||Birkenstock® - Sandal For Traveling||Essentials||Essentials||Birkenstock||97|
|5||Under Armour® - Slide Sandal For Traveling||Ignite||Ignite||Under Armour||98|
|6||Skechers® - Casual Sandal For Traveling||Open Toe||On the Go 600||Skechers||98|
|7||Clarks® - Fancy Flip Flop Sandal For Traveling||Ellison||Breeze||Clarks||97|
|8||Propet® - Dress Sandal Sandal For Traveling||Jace||Winnie||Propet||98|
|9||Clarks® - fashionable Closed Style Sandals for Travelling||Brixby||Sillian Stork||Clarks||97.7|
|10||Teva® - Casual Travel Sandal||Universal||Universal||Teva||97.5|
Table of Contents
- Sandals for Traveling What to Consider
- Types of Sandals You May Need for Traveling
- Features of a Good Sandal for Travel
- Reviews: The Best Sandals for Travel
- Comfortable Travelling Sandals
- Memory Foam Traveling Sandals
- Fishermans Travel Sandal
- Sandal For Traveling
- Slide Sandal For Traveling
- Casual Sandal For Traveling
- Fancy Flip Flop Sandal For Traveling
- Dress Sandal Sandal For Traveling
- fashionable Closed Style Sandals for Travelling
- Casual Travel Sandal
- Index Table: Top Rated Sandals for Travelling