Summertime is sandal time, and with so many options available, it can be overwhelming in choosing the right sandals.
In this article, I have combined style, comfort, and durability as the main characteristics of the best sandal for Summer.
Types of Sandals for Summer
Sandals are a timeless footwear design worn worldwide in hot weather conditions, and there are even some ancient styles that are still in fashion today.
But let us first look at the different types of sandals available today;
- Sports Sandals – Sports sandals have a more rugged design, and they are ideal for playing sports, hiking, or beachwear. Some sports sandal are even waterproof or water-resistant.
- Orthopedic Sandals – Orthopedic sandals provide relief and comfort from symptoms related to certain foot conditions. They usually have a more contoured design footbed with plenty of cushioning and support as well as a more roomy fit, or wider widths available. The most oRthopedic sandal also has an adjustable fit.
- Flats – Flat sandals have a flat sole and low or now a heel and come in dressy or casual styles and designs but typically have little support features or cushioning.
- Dress Sandals – Dress sandal can have a low heel, wedge or platform sole or usually a high stiletto heel and are designed for style and elegance rather than comfort.
- Casual/Dress Sandals – These sandals are not sporty casual yet not completely dressy, but something in between that is perfect for all occasions as they look good and have comfort and support features. Casual sandals usually have a low or low wedge design sole.
Comfort Characteristics of a Summer Sandals
Depending on the style of summer sandal that you choose, comfort features should always include some level of cushioning and arch support.
Comfortable adjustable uppers that will not scratch r chafe the skin are also ideal.
The heel height will really make a difference in comfort, as a low heel is your best option.
A slip-resistant rubber sole lastly will ensure that you have better traction and will also be more durable.
Features of a Good Summer Sandals
- Uppers – The Upper for a good summer sandal can consist of Textile materials, EVA, or Leather. A smooth mesh lining is ideal to wick away moisture and keep your feet dry and cool. The More Open design sandal is also much more breathable and cooling in the summer.
- Footbed – A comfortable footbed will be contoured or anatomically shaped for optimal support, with EVA, cork or memory foam cushioning and a supportive midsole. Furthermore, the footbed can be lined with leather or fabric for moisture management, as well as an antimicrobial treated lining to prevent odors.
- Outsole – For the outsole rubber or synthetic materials are used, with a lug tread for optimal slip resistance in wet and dry conditions.
- Other Features – Features such as Arch support, impact pillows, and Open Cell technology can be used for added comfort and support.
- Options – There are a variety if optiosn in colors, prints, sizes and widths available in most of our chosen sandal models for summer.
- Closures and Adjustability – A buckle, Velcro strap, or Hooks and loop strap are the most desirable and comfortable closure options. Most sandal designs have adjustable uppers straps so that you can get the best fit.
Reviews: The Best Summer Sandals
Listed are the top rated most favored sandal for this Summer;
- There are two straps on the upper with buckle closures, consisting of genuine leather.
- The color options of the Arizona are infinite, and there are also different finishes such as smooth or suede and nubuck leather.
- For comfort and Anatomically shaped footbed with cork and latex cushioning molds to the shape of your feet.
- The footbed has a soft suede lining to keep moisture at bay, and the sole is a shock-absorbing EVA.
- The outsole hence provides excellent traction and slip resistance, and the sandal has an easy slip on and off the design.
Flip Flops for Summer
- The sandal consist of a rubber upper and soft Air Foam cushioned and flexible sole.
- The Footbed is anatomically contoured for support with built-in arch support.
- There are additional Heel and Ball of foot impact pillows for shock absorbency and cushioning.
- The entire sandal is exceptionally lightweight and water-resistant.
- Ther are also many color options available in the Iqushion.
Outdoor Summer Sandal
- The Upper consists of a water-resistant and washable soft polyester with a lace-up bungee system for an adjustable and comfortable fit.
- The footbed is cushioned, and there is a supportive Compression Molded EVA midsole.
- As for the outsole, the rugged design and durable rubber with lug tread are perfect for slip resistance on most outdoor surfaces, whether wet or dry.
- You can also get the Newport sandal in some attractive color options.
Summer Comfortable Dress Sandals
- The Clarks Malone has a closed toe strappy uppers design with an open back and heel strap.
- The Clarks Malone also features genuine leather uppers in brown or black, with an Open Cell PU Footbed and Cushion Soft padding for comfort.
- The Step Cali features a leather upper with an adjustable ankle strap and durable TPR outsole, as well as a wedge design heel.
- Furthermore, the Step Cali has an Ortholite Footbed and Cushioning soft padding for comfort along with moisture-wicking textile linings.
- There are also quite a few color options available in the Step Cali.
Casual Summer Sandal
- The Upper is a 100% textile material with adjustability in the front and back, as well as hook and loop closures for the most comfortable fit.
- The EVA Cushioned footbed also has Mciroban Zinc Based odor-resistant treatment in the lining for comfort and protection.
- There is a Durabrasion high abrasion resistant and slip resistant Outsole.
- You can choose from many color variations and print in the Teva Original Universal.
Summer Slide Sandals
- The Ludlow Charlie from Vionic has genuine leather uppers while the Rio has synthetic leather uppers.
- The Ludlow is available in Black or brown color options, but the Rio has many more colors you can choose from
- There is a comfortable EVA Molded footbed for comfort and cushioning and fabric linings to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- A dual-density midsole provides added shock absorbency, and the durable rubber outsole ensures excellent traction and grip.
Index Table: Top Rated Summer Sandals
|No.||Product||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Birkenstock® - Summer Sandals||Arizona||Arizona||Birkenstock||98|
|2||FitFlops® - Flip Flops for Summer||Iqushion||Iqushion||FitFlops||98.7|
|3||Keen® - Outdoor Summer Sandal||Newport H2||Newport H2||Keen||98.4|
|4||Clarks® - Summer Comfortable Dress Sandals||Malone Cove||Cali Coast||Clarks||96.7|
|5||Teva® - Casual Summer Sandal||Original Universal||Original Universal||Teva||97.8|
|6||Vionic® - Summer Slide Sandals||Ludlow Charlie||Rio||Vionic||96.4|
Table of Contents
- Types of Sandals for Summer
- Comfort Characteristics of a Summer Sandals
- Features of a Good Summer Sandals
- Reviews: The Best Summer Sandals
- Summer Sandals
- Flip Flops for Summer
- Outdoor Summer Sandal
- Summer Comfortable Dress Sandals
- Casual Summer Sandal
- Summer Slide Sandals
- Index Table: Top Rated Summer Sandals