Awful smelling feet are not fun for anyone and can be quite embarrassing if you ask me.
There are many reasons as to why your feet may smell, and some people may notice the smell, particularly in summertime, and wearing sandals.
Luckily there are the best sandals for smelly feet that will help to reduce the odors and to prevent bacteria and excessive sweating, which may cause smelly feet.
Will Wearing Proper Sandals Help With Smelly Feet
The right sandal will most definitely help to prevent or reduce smelly feet.
Remember, the main cause of smelly feet is sweat, which causes bacteria, which in turn causes bad odors. Sweat develops mainly in hot summers, and because sandals have a more open and ventilated design, they are actually initially better for smelly feet.
Besides their more open and ventilated design, may sandal models come with an antimicrobial treated footbed that helps to get rid of bacteria that cause odors, some design has moisture-wicking or absorbent features that also keeps sweat at bay.
For these reasons, sandal will certainly help to prevent smelly feet.
How to Treat and Prevent Smelly Feet
Besides, the right sandal here are a few tips in preventing and treating smelly feet;
- Washing Your Feet – You can wash your feet more than once a day with an antibacterial soap. Just make sure you do not dry them out too much.
- Keep Your feet Dry – Dry your feet properly when they are wet, especially between the toes.
- Wear Different Shoes – Try to alternate between your shoes and sandal so that you do not wear the same pair every day.
- Foot Grooming – Keep your feet well-groomed and clean, Cut long toenails, and file down hard skin, as these can become soggy and cause a breeding ground for bacteria. It is also advised to use a good moisturizer from time to time, particularly after a good grooming session. A foot scrub may help to remove old dead skin cells that may become a breeding source for bacterias.
- Plastic Sandals and Shoes – try to avoid wearing plastic shoes and sandals as they actually cause your feet to become sweaty and smell.
Features of a Good Sandal for Smelly Feet
- Uppers – Uppers can consist of polyester webbing, which is absorbent and dries quickly, leather, or other materials. Look for comfortable and adjustable upper straps.
- Odor Treated – Many sandals come with an antimicrobial or antibacterial odor treatment, which can be either zinc based or silver technology. Washable sandals also allow you to keep bacteria at bay.
- Comfort – A comfortable and cushioned footbed provides a comfortable and supportive fit. Look for EVA or PU materials in the footbed with good arch support. mMemoryfoam is also an excellent choice if you are looking for more plush and moldable comfort cushioning.
- Outsole – For the outsole good grip and traction is vital. A lug patterned outsole will provide excellent grip, and rubber is one of the most durable materials for an outsole.
Reviews: The Best Sandals for Smelly Feet
In our review section, we have some of the best available sandal brands and models that have an odor resistant and antimicrobial treated footbed for odor resistance;
Sports Sandals for Smelly Feet
- The kKeenNewport H2 has quick-drying uppers, and a zinc-based antimicrobial treated footbed, which helps to reduce odor, bacteria, and keeps your feet dry.
- The uppers are adjustable polyester, and there are more colors available.
- The footbed is a comfortable Compression-molded EVA.
- The multi-directional lug rubber outsole ensures excellent grip on slippery surfaces.
Smelly Feet Beach Sandal
- The sandal has an open and beach-friendly design.
- The uppers are adjustable and consist of quick-drying fabric and synthetic material.
- The sole is treated with a zinc based antimicrobial treatment,to prevent odors.
- The Molded EVA midsole has a heel cup and cookie arch for full support and comfort.
- More colors are similarly available to you.
Dressy Sandal for Smelly Feet
- These stunning sandals are available in more colors and will not let your feet smell.
- They have leather and mesh uppers with a synthetic sole.
- The footbed has Ultra-Fresh antimicrobial technology that helps to control odors.
- There are a comfortable cushioned EVA footbed and Orthotic grade arch support.
- The lug rubber outsole also provides good grip and traction.
Sports Sandal for Smelly Feet
- This is an open design sporty sandal.
- The uppers are a quick-drying textile material that is fully adjustable in fit.
- There is an antimicrobial footbed for better odor resistance.
- The sandals have ChacoGrip durable and slip-resistant rubber outsole,
- The LUVSEAT Pu cushioned footbed is comfortable and supportive.
- You can also select from plenty ore colors available.
Smelly Feet Sandal
- Birkenstocks are known for their cushioning and supportive cork footbeds, but this type of material also helps to resist heat and odors.
- Cork is naturally absorbency and provides moldable cushioning for optimal support and comfort daily.
- Birkenstocks are a quality top scandal brand with a very comfortable fit.
- I have chosen the models with a suede leather upper for better moisture resistance.
- There are, however, only two colors available in this model, in a unisex size for men and women.
Flip Flop Sandal for Smelly Feet
- These actually beach style sandal with a ventilated and breathable open design.
- As you can see, they are available in plenty of bright and fun colors.
- The footbed is treated with an antimicrobial to reduce odors and prevent harmful bacteria from growing.
- There is also excellent cushioning with a compression molded EVA in the foot bed and an Orthotic grade arch support.
- The outsole has a non-marking and non-slip design, which is also quite durable, consisting of rubber.
Index Table: Top Rated Sandals for Smelly Feet
|No.||Product||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Keen® - Sports Sandals for Smelly Feet||Newport H2||Newport H2||Keen||98.4|
|2||Teva® - Smelly Feet Beach Sandal||Beach and Pool||Beach and Pool||Teva||98|
|3||Spenco® - Dressy Sandal for Smelly Feet||Kholo Slide||Marfa Wedge||Spenco||97.8|
|4||Chaco® - Sports Sandal for Smelly Feet||Z1||Z1||Chaco||97|
|5||Birkenstock® - Smelly Feet Sandal||Arizona||Arizona||Birkenstock||97.7|
|6||Spenco® - Flip Flop Sandal for Smelly Feet||Yumi Breeze||Breeze||Spenco||97.6|
Table of Contents
- Will Wearing Proper Sandals Help With Smelly Feet
- How to Treat and Prevent Smelly Feet
- Features of a Good Sandal for Smelly Feet
- Reviews: The Best Sandals for Smelly Feet
- Sports Sandals for Smelly Feet
- Smelly Feet Beach Sandal
- Dressy Sandal for Smelly Feet
- Sports Sandal for Smelly Feet
- Smelly Feet Sandal
- Flip Flop Sandal for Smelly Feet
- Index Table: Top Rated Sandals for Smelly Feet