Hiking shoes may not always be ideal, particularly in very hot weather conditions or wet conditions.
This is where Teva sandal for Hiking comes in handy. They have a rugged design, durable materials, and excellent slip resistance, making them the best available sandal for Hiking.
Further, in this article, we will look at some of the best and most comfortable sandal models from Teva for Hiking.
The History Behind Teva
The original Teva sports sandal emerged straight from the shores of the Grand Canyon, also known as the Teva Original or Teva Canyon previously.
The design was born out of necessity to prevent sandals from floating downstream when a resourceful river guide strapped two Velcro watchbands to a pair of his old flip flops to keep them on. An just like that, the Teva brand was born.
In the years following, Teva has managed to keep the same pioneering spirit and prides itself upon their footwear designed for freedom and exploring.
The Teva brand promises to give people the freedom to roam and enjoy adventures in footwear that allows you to enjoy such endeavors.
Teva is a brand that continuously innovates and designs to keep up with fashion and technology. Besides that, Teva uses verifiable recycled plastic to create the upper webbing for their sandals called Repreve Polyester.
When it comes to the community and environment, Teva positively shapes their community and protects the environment by using a Corporate Responsibility Program that encourages people to look at the broader impact of activities on the environment, customers, communities, and their employees.
Teva has a passion for protecting wild places and nature and likes to make the great outdoors accessible to all by designing and creating some of the best available outdoor and hiking sandals and footwear.
What Do Teva Sandals Offer for Hiking
Teva sandal is designed for outdoor use and for Hiking initially, but they offer a range of models which are ideal for lite walks to heavy Trail Walking and Hiking;
- For Light Hikes – For Lite Hikes, walks through nature, and sightseeing, there are roam-ready lightweight sandal styles that will keep you moving comfortably, without blisters. Many of these models feature comfort features such as an EVA midsole with Shoc-Pad heel technology for shock absorbency when walking, as well as adjustable soft webbing for the uppers and a high traction outsole.
- For Day Hikes – For Hiking trips on adventure trails during the day, you will need a slightly more rugged sandal. In this model, a more rugged Spider Rubber outsole comes in handy, which provides a better grip on wet and dry surfaces. An EVA midsole and shock absorbing technology protect your feet against impacts, and water ready upper webbing from soft Polyetsr protects your feet and reduces friction.
- For Multi-Day Hikes – Multi-Day Hikes include proper hikes through Creeks and rugged outdoor areas. These hikes require a robust sandal that can handle uneven, wet, and a variety of surfaces. A Molded PU midsole helps to provide cushioning and stability, while a rugged Ultra-Grippy outsole ensures excellent traction and grip on a variety of surfaces. The Repreve Polyester uppers are water ready and will dry quickly in wet conditions.
Features of a Good Sandal for Hiking
- Teva Original Universal Styles – The Teva Original is the perfect all-round sandal for Lite Hikes and Walks, for Sightseeing, and for Festivals. The Teva Original Universal features soft Repreve Polyester uppers that are fully adjustable and water ready. The EVA footbed is robust and comes with a heel cup and arch cookie for cushioning and support. Added Microban treatment means that you will be odor free and a durable rubber outsole provides excellent traction.
- The Teva Hurricane Style – The Teva Hurricane is a more robust design similar to the Original. For Hiking, I would opt for the Hurricane XLT model rather than the Drift, which is more suitable for water sports. The Hurricane XLT features the same fully adjustable polyester yarn uppers that are water-friendly with an Injection Molded strap for quick and easy grip and adjustability, with hook and loop closures. It also has an EVA footbed that is a bit more robust, as well as a stabilizing Nylon shank for uneven terrains. The Durable rubber outsole provides excellent traction and comfort. I would suggest the Hurricane for Day Walks and Lite Hiking trips.
- The Teva Tirra Design – For the ladies, the Teva Tirra is an excellent Hiking and trail walking sandal that comes in an open or closed-toe design. The Teva Tirra has quick dry polyester webbing that is adjustable, as well as a contoured EVA midsole with arch support and Shoc-Pad technology on the heel A Nylon shank in the sole provides excellent stability. At the same time, the rugged Spider Rubber Outsole ensures superb traction in wet and dry conditions.
- The Teva Omnium Fisherman Style Sandal Range – The Teva Omnium is another excellent and ultra-protective Fisherman’s style sandal that is ideal for hiking in wet and dry conditions. The Omnium features a closed design with mesh and synthetic uppers, as well as a protective toe cap. There is an EVA midsole with zinc-based Microban treatment and a rugged Spider Rubber outsole for optimal traction and grip on wet and dry surfaces.
- The Teva Terra F1 5 Universal for Men Range – A favorite Hiking sandal for Multi-Day Hikes and more rugged terrain is the Teva Terra F1 5 Universal. The Terra is an all-terrain hiking sandal, with quick-drying, verifiable Repreve Polyester uppers that are fully adjustable. There is a supportive PU midsole with a stabilizing TPU shank and contoured design. The Rugged Spider Rubber outsole is perfect for wet and dry surfaces and offers outstanding slip resistance.
Reviews: The Best Sandals for Hiking
Here we have the top Hiking sandal modesl from Teva;
Closed Design Sandals for Hiking
- The Upper consists of very durable leather and quick-drying mesh, and synthetic materials.
- Elastic Gore that stretches with your feet ensures that you enjoy laceless comfort and a perfect fit.
- There is a durable rubber toe cap for added protection, and a Nylon shank for stability on uneven terrains and underfoot protection.
- The Cushioned EVA foam midsole with shoc-pad technology heel provides excellent comfort and shock absorbency.
- The Non-Marking Spider Rubber outsole is a versatile rubber that also ensures good durability and slip-resistance on wet terrains.
- The Teva XLT comes available in many color options from which you can choose.
- The Upper is water ready Polyester and nylon with adjustable hook and loop closures and an Injection Molded strap end for easy on and off.
- There is a robust EVA footbed with a contoured support design and a Nylon Shank for better stability on uneven terrains.
- The rubber outsole offers superb durability and traction on most outdoor surfaces.
Leather Lite Hiking Sandal
- The Langdon has leather uppers with a smooth moisture-wicking lining and easy hook and loop closures for the adjustable straps.
- The Terra Fi Lite features leather and synthetic uppers with smooth lining and adjustable straps with hook and loop closures.
- Furthermore, the Terra Fi Lite has an EVA midsole with a Nylon shank for protection and stability, as well as a very durable Spieedre Rubber outsole for wet surfaces.
- The Langdon also has a Molded EVA footbed with a nylon shank for stability and a durable rubber outsole.
Water Friendly Sandal for Hiking
- The Upper is a quick-drying and durable synthetic and mesh materials, and there us EVA Upper cushioning along the posts to keep your comfortable.
- A Molded Pu midsole offers heavy-duty cushioning and support.
- The Upper has buckle closures, which are much easier to get in and out.
- There is also a trail-specific wet and dry condition Durabrasion Sticky Spider Rubber Outsole.
- The Tanway has Quick Drying Repreve Polyester uppers while the Tirra has synthetic Neoprene Foam and mesh uppers that are water friendly.
- Both sandals have a molded EVA midsole for support and cushioning. The Tirra has shoc-pad heel technology, and the Tanway has an additional Nylon shank.
- You can also enjoy the exceptional traction and grip on wet and dry surfaces from the Spider Rubber outsole on both these sandals.
- Furthermore, there are a few neutral color options available in both sandal models.
Closed Sandal for Hiking
- The Upper is a soft and quick-drying synthetic polyester.
- An anti-microbial treated insole for odor resistance and fully-knitted uppers design offers a 360 sock-like fit and excellent moisture-wicking capabilities.
- The EVA footbed provides durable support and cushioning.
- A Rugged Durabrasion outsole is durable and ensures excellent grip and traction.
Index Table: Top Rated Sandals for Hiking
|No.||Product||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Teva® - Closed Design Sandals for Hiking||Omnium 2||Omnium||Teva||98.4|
|2||Teva® - Hiking Sandals||Hurricane XLT||Hurricane XLT||Teva||98|
|3||Teva® - Leather Lite Hiking Sandal||Langdon||Terra Fi Lite||Teva||96.8|
|4||Teva® - Water Friendly Sandal for Hiking||Terra Fi 5||Terra Fi 5||Teva||95.5|
|5||Teva® - Hiking Sandal||Tanway||Tirra||Teva||96|
|6||Teva® - Closed Sandal for Hiking||Terra Float Knit||Terra Float Knit||Teva||95|
Table of Contents
- The History Behind Teva
- What Do Teva Sandals Offer for Hiking
- Features of a Good Sandal for Hiking
- Reviews: The Best Sandals for Hiking
- Closed Design Sandals for Hiking
- Hiking Sandals
- Leather Lite Hiking Sandal
- Water Friendly Sandal for Hiking
- Hiking Sandal
- Closed Sandal for Hiking
- Index Table: Top Rated Sandals for Hiking