Morton’s Neuroma can be quite uncomfortable and also affect your choice of shoes and sandals.
Sandals for Morton’s Neuroma will offer a more roomy and wide fit, with full cushioning, especially in the ball of the foot area.
Table of Contents
- Morton’s Neuroma and How it Affects You
- Choosing Sandals for Morton’s Neuroma
- Features of a Good Dansko Sandal for Morton’s Neuroma
- Reviews: The Best Dansko Sandals for Morton’s Neuroma
- Dansko® Women's Remi Open Back Sandals for Morton’s Neuroma
- Dansko® Men's Susie Slide Sandals for Morton’s Neuroma
- Dansko® Men's Season Heeled Sandals for Morton’s Neuroma
- Dansko® Women's Kandi Sandals for Morton’s Neuroma
- Dansko® Women's Maddy Morton’s Neuroma Sandal
- Dansko® Women's Athena Sandals for Morton’s Neuroma
- Index Table: Top Rated Dansko Morton’s Neuroma Sandals for Morton’s Neuroma
Morton’s Neuroma and How it Affects You
Morton’s Neuroma involves the thickening of tissues surrounding the nerves that lead to your toes, usually the third and fourth toes. It gives a feeling of pain, and as if you are standing on a pebble.
- Symptoms – You may feel as if you are standing on a pebble; there may also be a burning pain in the ball of the foot that radiates to your toes. Some people feel numbness and tingling in their toes.
- Causes – Morton’s Neuroma occurs as a result of irritation, pressure, or even an injury to the nerves that lead to your toes. High Impact activities can cause an injury or irritation to the nerves, possibly leading to Morton’s Neuroma. Similarly, wearing high heels, narrow shoes, and sandals place pressure on your toes that could irritate the nerves, causing them to become thickened.
- Risk Factors – High heels and narrow-fitting shoes are your greatest risk factors for Morton’s Neuroma. Certain sports that place hard impact on the ball of the foot may also cause the condition, as well as foot deformities such as hammer toes and high or flat arches.
- Therapy – You can wear shoes with a wider forefoot for comfort. Metatarsal pads can help with the pain. There may be certain medications that will help with the pain, and rubbing the area will also bring some relief.
Choosing Sandals for Morton’s Neuroma
Sandals with a wider forefoot and fit are ideal for Morton’s Neuroma.
Make sure that the sandals have a fully cushioned footbed or additional cushioning in the ball of the foot area to absorb impact.
Avoid high heels and narrow-fitting sandals that may worsen the condition. High Heels can push your foot forward into a shoe or sandal that squeezes the toes and forefoot together, placing pressure on the nerves in the toes.
Similarly, narrow shoe place pressure on your toes that could damage the nerves and cause pain, as well as other deformities such as Hammertoes and bunions.
Features of a Good Dansko Sandal for Morton’s Neuroma
- Uppers – Dansko shoes usually have genuine leather uppers that are Nubuck or smooth leather, treated with a 3M Scotch guard for stain resistance. There are also models with LITE leather uppers or Molded Nylon insets and straps.
- Outsole – Dansko sandals will have either a Thermoplastic Elastomer sole, a PU sole with a wedge design, or a Molded Stich on Welt outsole. Some models will have an EVA outsole.
- Cushioning and Support -Dansko Sandals mostly have a contoured and arch support EVA and Cork midsole and footbed for comfort and cushioning. Some models have softer memory foam cushioning, and others have Molded EVA for firmer support. The Footbed will be covered with a Chrome-free leather lining.
Reviews: The Best Dansko Sandals for Morton’s Neuroma
These are some of our top favorite Dansko sandal models that are ideal for Morton’s Neuroma;
- The Dansko Remi sandal is a slide sandal with double straps and a T-Strap for a modern appeal and comfortable fit.
- They have a roomy toe box and comfortable Molded Memory foam footbed for Morton’s Neuroma.
- The Midsole is a lightweight cork and EVA for firmer support and shock absorbency.
- The Outsole is durable rubber and offers good traction.
- There are a few more colors available and wider width fits.
- The Dansko Susie slide is a comfortable and casual design with soft leather uppers that have an adjustable fit.
- They have a Molded Memory foam footbed for supportive comfort and a shock-absorbing EVA and cork midsole.
- The Outsole is a durable EVA that is slip resistant.
- There is a Microfiber lining for odor resistance.
- More neutral color options are likewise available.
- The Dansko Seasonal sandal has a more formal design and a slight heel for sophistication.
- The Toe area is roomy and comfortable with a wide fit.
- The Uppers are leather with an adjustable fit.
- There is a Dri-Lex Sock Liner that manages moisture and a comfortable insole.
- There is a shock-absorbing foam midsole and additional forefoot cushioning for Morton’s Neuroma pain.
- The Dansko Kandi is a sporty, casual-styled, slip-on sandal with good support features for Morton’s Neuroma.
- It is available in some colorful designs, options, and wider widths.
- The sandals have adjustable water-friendly EVA uppers, lightweight molded nylon, and Dansko-branded Buckle closures.
- There is an EVA footbed with an arch support design for firm and lightweight support.
- The Outsole is a durable and high-traction EVA foam.
- The Maddy Cork Wedge sandal is stylish and elegant with comfort features for Morton’s Neuroma.
- It has an EVA and Cork footbed that molds to the shape of your feet to support and cushion your feet.
- There is a roomy toe box with an adjustable fit for comfort.
- The uppers are LITE leather and Nubuck-treated for stain resistance.
- The sandal has a Chrome-free leather lining and footbed wrap for your comfort.
- The outsole is a lightweight and high-traction EVA that offers good shock absorbency and durability.
- The Dansko Athena sandals are formal-style for all occasions, with a more feminine and sophisticated style.
- They offer a wide, roomy fit for Morton’s Neuroma and 100% soft leather uppers.
- There is a secure fit with the adjustable ankle strap so that you can customize the fit of the sandal to your needs.
- The sandal has Nubuck-treated leather uppers with a 3M Scotchgard protector for stain resistance.
- The Wedge sole has a leather cover and PU outsole for grip.
- The Footbed has EVA and Memory foam cushioning with a Chrome-free leather covering to keep your feet comfortable and absorb moisture.
Index Table: Top Rated Dansko Morton’s Neuroma Sandals for Morton’s Neuroma
|1||Dansko Women's Remi - Open Back Sandals for Morton’s Neuroma||Dansko||98.3|
|2||Dansko Men's Susie - Slide Sandals for Morton’s Neuroma||Dansko||98|
|3||Dansko Men's Season - Heeled Sandals for Morton’s Neuroma||Dansko||97.6|
|4||Dansko Women's Kandi - Sandals for Morton’s Neuroma||Dansko||97|
|5||Dansko Women's Maddy - Morton’s Neuroma Sandal||Dansko||96.9|
|6||Dansko Women's Athena - Sandals for Morton’s Neuroma||Dansko||97.8|