Proper Kayaking sandal is a must in summer because you need something lightweight that also provides excellent protection and grip.
So in this article, we will explore all the best options in Kayaking sandal for summer.
Why are Sandals for Kayaking Ideal?
Sandals are one of your most waterproof choices if you want to think of them in that way. They dry quickly, drain water fast, and effectively and they are extremely lightweight.
Kayaking sandal will also feature a much more rugged outsole that offers excellent traction and grip on wet and slippery surfaces.
What is more, is that most Kayaking sandals also come with an adjustable fit option and secure closures, so you do not need to worry about them slipping off.
What to Look for in the Best Kayaking Sandals
So what should you look out for in a good sandal for Kayaking?
- Good Traction and Grip – Because you will be in and out of the Kayak constantly, in wet conditions, and on slippery rocks and stones, you need excellent traction and grip in all these conditions. Therefore first and foremost, look for a rugged outsole that provides good grip and traction on wet and dry surfaces.
- Lightweight and Breathable – Look for a lightweight, flexible and breathable design that ventilates well, and that is not heavy on your feet.
- Water Resistant – Good drainage and quick-drying materials are the best water-resistant features on a sandal for Kayaking that keeps your feet dry and comfortable.
- Protection – Protection such as underfoot puncture protection and protective toe cap are ideal to protect your feet in hazardous terrains.
Features of a Good Sandal for Kayaking
- Uppers – The Upper of a good Kayaining sandal can consist of Mesh, Leather, or Textile materials with or without padding or a lining.
- Footbed – The footbed is usually cushioned with EVA or other foam materials with Goga Max or Goga Mat technology, Crosslite Material, or Compression-Molded EVA for comfort and support. A contoured design or anatomical footbed also provides good support.
- Outsole – Rubber is the best option for a slip-resistant outsole on wet surfaces. Technologies such as Durabrasion rubber, or outsole with Multidirectional lugs are used for better grip.
- Other Features – Features such as an antimicrobial lining, a support internal shank, and water resistance are also ideal in good Kayaking sandals.
- Options – There are mainly color, size, and width options available in most Kayaking sandal models and brands.
- Closures and Adjustability – Most Kayaking sandals will have adjustable uppers in an open or Fisherman style design. Closures such as Velcro, Hook and loop and Bungee lacing systems will be prevalent.
Reviews: The Best Sandals for Kayaking
Here are our top choices in sandal for Kayaking;
Sandals for Kayaking
- The Upper consists of a Polyester webbing that our quick-drying and adjustable with a bungee lace-up closure.
- The uppers straps are also lined for your comfort, and there is plenty of color options available.
- The rubber outsole has Multidirectional lugs for better traction on wet surfaces, and is very durable.
- Inside is a dual-density PU insole for comfort and support and a Compression-Molded EVA midsole,
- Furthermore, the sandal contains Eco Anti Odor natural probiotic-based technology for odor prevention.
Open Kayaking Sandal
- The Upper is a soft textile with many color options available, and adjustable straps that have Velcro closures.
- There is an EVA cushioned footbed with a Microban treated antimicrobial and odor-resistant lining,
- The outsole is a Durabrasion high abrasion resistant and slip-resistant rubber outsole.
Athletic Sandal for Kayaking
- The uppers are synthetic mesh with a closed design, large water drainage holes and a protective toe cap.
- The sole is comfortable and cushioned Crosslite materials that also flexes.
- There is a textured outsole that helps with slip resistance and traction.
- Furthermore, there are also some color variations available.
Outdoor Sandal for Kayaking
- The uppers are leather with a smooth synthetic fiber lining for comfort and moisture management.
- There is a UniFly supportive and cushioned midsole to absorb shock and provide excellent comfort.
- A Vibram rubber outsole is the most durable that you will get with a lug tread for optimal slip resistance.
- There is also a mesh and M Select FRESH treated insole to keep feet dry and Odor free.
- Both sandal have synthetic soles that provide excellent traction and grip on wet and dry surfaces.
- The sole is cushioned with Goga Max High rebound foam and 5Gen cushioning,
- The Upper of the Brilliancy is a soft heathered fabric while the Louden is a leather and textile lined material.
- You can also select from a few neutral color options in both sandal models.
Adventure Sports Sandal for Kayaking
- The Upper is a soft and flexible textile material with adjustability and bungee lace-up closure.
- There is a super soft cushioned EVA footbed and a supportive midsole.
- The outsole is durable rubber with lug patterns for slip resistance and a protective rubber toe cap.
- These sandals are extremely lightweight and water-friendly.
Index Table: Top Rated Sandals for Kayaking
|No.||Product||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Keen® - Sandals for Kayaking||Newport H2||Newport H2||Keen||98.4|
|2||Teva® - Open Kayaking Sandal||Original Universal||Original Universal||Teva||97.8|
|3||Crocs® - Athletic Sandal for Kayaking||Swiftwater||Swiftwater||Crocs||97.4|
|4||Merrell® - Outdoor Sandal for Kayaking||All Out Blaze||All Out Blaze||Merrell||97.8|
|5||Skechers® - Kayaking Sandal||Louden||On the Go 600 Brilliancy||Skechers||97|
|6||Dreampairs® - Adventure Sports Sandal for Kayaking||Adventurous||Adventurous||Dreampairs||96.8|
Table of Contents
- Why are Sandals for Kayaking Ideal?
- What to Look for in the Best Kayaking Sandals
- Features of a Good Sandal for Kayaking
- Reviews: The Best Sandals for Kayaking
- Sandals for Kayaking
- Open Kayaking Sandal
- Athletic Sandal for Kayaking
- Outdoor Sandal for Kayaking
- Kayaking Sandal
- Adventure Sports Sandal for Kayaking
- Index Table: Top Rated Sandals for Kayaking