If you have wide feet, choosing sandals that provide a comfortable, supportive fit to help reduce discomfort and prevent foot pain is important. Here are some tips for choosing the best sandals for wide feet:
Sandals with a wide, roomy toe box: A wide, roomy toe box can provide enough space for your toes to move freely and reduce pressure on the sides of your feet.
Sandals with arch support: Arch support can help distribute weight evenly across the foot and reduce strain on the toes.
Sandals with a cushioned footbed: A cushioned footbed can help absorb shock and provide added comfort for wide feet.
Sandals with adjustable straps: Adjustable straps can help you achieve a secure, customized fit that supports your wide feet.
Avoid sandals with a narrow or constricting toe box: Sandals with a narrow or constricting toe box can put extra pressure on the toes and worsen discomfort caused by wide feet.
It is also a good idea to see a doctor or podiatrist if you have wide feet and are experiencing discomfort or pain. They can help determine the cause of your wide feet and recommend appropriate treatment options.
Table of Contents
- Wide Feet Causes and Concerns
- Tight Shoes may cause the following:
- Why Choose a Wide Width Shoe
- Features of a Good Sandal for Wide Feet
- Reviews: The Best Sandals for Wide Feet
- Walking Sandal for Extra Wider Feet
- Fisherman’s Sandal for Wide Feet
- Flip Flop Sandal for Wide Feet
- Fashionable Sandal for Wide Feet
- Sports Sandal for Wide Feet
- Wide Width Slide Sandal
- Sports Sandals for Wide Feet
- Outdoor Sandals for Wide Feet
- Sandals for Wide Feet
- Wide Fit Cushioned Sandal
- Sandals for Wide Feet
- Orthopedic Wide Width Sandal
- Wide Width Sandals
- Wide Width Sandals
- Index Table: Top Rated Sandals for Extra Wide Feet
Wide Feet Causes and Concerns
Maybe you are born with wide feet, or they have become wider with age, certain health conditions, or even improper footwear. Here are a few common reasons, though;
- Genetics – The most basic reason for a wider foot is just being born with it, and if you have a flat foot, you are genetically inclined to have a wider foot.
- Age – As we age, the tendons and ligaments in our feet loosen, and our feet may grow longer and wider.
- Improper Footwear – Improper footwear may cause foot conditions and deformities that widen your feet or create the need for a wide-width shoe.
- Pregnancy – The Pregnancy hormone Relaxin cause the ligaments and joints to loosen around your feet, which results in a wider foot shape that may be just during pregnancy or permanent in some cases.
- Swelling – Adema or swelling of the feet may be a temporary or frequent condition that causes your feet to become larger and wider, requiring a wider-width shoe.
Tight Shoes may cause the following:
- Bunions – Enlarged Bone tissue can form at the base of your big toe from tight footwear, which causes excess pressure and strain on your toe.
- Calluses – Tight shoes places much pressure on the skin causing the skin to harden and develop Calluses.
- Crossover Toe – When your toes are squeezed too tightly in a shoe, they may cross over each other.
- Hammer Toes – Toes curl up and not lay flat because of excess pressure and a narrow-fitting shoe.
Why Choose a Wide Width Shoe
- Extra Width – A wide-width shoe will accommodate a wider foot and give much more toe room and space for your feet to relax and be comfortable. The extra width prevents friction and squeezing that may harm your feet and cause pain and chafing.
- Toe Room – With more toe room, your feet and toes can splay out and relax, and you have less risk of developing foot conditions from pressure, such as Bunions and Hammertoes.
- Loose Fit – A loose and comfortable fit is much roomier for a wider foot, prevents excessive pressure, and provides a much more supportive and comfortable fit for your foot type.
- Less Irritation – With less pressure and friction against your feet in narrow and small shoes that squash and scrape against your feet, you are less prone to irritation, chafing, and blisters in general.
- Foot Conditions and Deformities – A wider width or extra depth design sandal likewise accommodate various foot conditions such as Bunions, hammertoe, sesamoiditis, and other conditions and deformities which require a bit of extra room and less pressure.
Features of a Good Sandal for Wide Feet
- Uppers – It is available in wide, extra wide, or XX up to XXX wide width options for you to choose from. Adjustable straps for a customizable fit for all foot types.Extra-depth or roomy toe design. Soft and comfortable straps and smooth interior linings.
- Support and Cushioning – Comfortably cushioned and supportive footbed or insole. Shock-absorbing midsole.
- Outsole – Durable rubber outsole that offers excellent grip and traction.
Reviews: The Best Sandals for Wide Feet
Below are some exceptional sandal models and brands available in wider-width options.
We hope you love the sandals we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Walking Sandal for Extra Wider Feet
- Smooth and supple leather uppers are durable and have fully adjustable straps for the perfect fit.
- A removable cushioned footbed that allows you to use your own orthotic devices.
- Features a highly durable and shock-absorbing rubber outsole.
- A slight heel for stability and excellent traction.
- It is available in a wide to 3x Etra Wide width option for all foot shapes, sizes, and conditions.
Fisherman’s Sandal for Wide Feet
- A wider-width sandal likewise accommodates a variety of foot conditions and provides effective pain relief.
- Features a smooth and comfortable seamless interior design for less irritation and pressure.
- Wider widths are available and have an extra depth design for more toe room.
- An Ortho-Cushioning system is lightweight with an air-cushioned sole, For ideal comfort, shock absorbency, and support.
- Durable and thick rubber sole for shock absorbency and traction.
Flip Flop Sandal for Wide Feet
- Soft and durable synthetic upper toe post straps.
- A comfortable and cushioned EVA footbed.
- APMA seal of acceptance as a medical footwear design.
- A podiatrist-designed the footbed and biomechanically engineered it for optimal comfort and support.
- Available in wider widths and a few color designs.
- Unisex design with a durable rubber outsole.
Fashionable Sandal for Wide Feet
- The Clarks Arla Jacory has an Open Cell PU footbed, cushion soft padding, a durable Pu outsole, and adjustable Riptape Straps.
- For men, the Clarks Malone has a Cloudtseppers technology cushioned footbed and soft cushion technology and a secure hook and loop closure system.
- Both sandals have synthetic and leather uppers that are flexible and comfortable with a smooth lining.
- These sandals likewise feature high traction and a durable outsole.
- Both are available in wider-width options as well as other color designs.
Sports Sandal for Wide Feet
- Soft, breathable, quick-drying textile uppers with an adjustable design for a more custom fit.
- It comes with a comfortable, shock-absorbing 5Gen cushioning system.
- Shock absorbing midsole and a durable high traction rubber outsole.
- Very lightweight and durable design.
- Comes with wider widths options and many different colors and patterns to choose from as you require.
Wide Width Slide Sandal
- The upper straps are adjustable to accommodate all foot types and conditions.
- A Comfortably cushioned insole that is removable, allowing you to use your orthotics.
- On the inside is a smooth Microfiber lining on the top sole to keep feet dry and prevent friction.
- It comes with a great shock-absorbing heel and midsole.
- The uppers are made from very durable and comfortable leather.
- Available in wider options and color options to choose from as you wish.
- The thermal rubber outsole is durable and has high traction.
Sports Sandals for Wide Feet
- The upper of the Chaco Classic consists of soft polyester that dries quickly.
- There are adjustability options on the straps to get a good fit and wider width options.
- There are a comfortable Luvseat PU midsole and a durable outsole for support and cushioning.
- The Chaco Classic is likewise available in many selections in colors and patterns.
Outdoor Sandals for Wide Feet
- Both sandals have Polyester webbing and adjustability in the straps.
- The footbed is supportive and cushioned, and there is a durable rubber outsole.
- A TPU shank offers excellent stability for flat feet.
- You can likewise machine wash both these sandal models.
Sandals for Wide Feet
- These sandals are ideal for foot conditions where you need to use your orthotics.
- The leather uppers are adjustable for the perfect fit, and you can choose between different width options in these sandals.
- There is a comfortable double-depth footbed with which you can remove a layer to use your orthotics.
- The outsole is constructed of EVA and shock-absorbing rubber.
- There is also a steel shank to protect your feet underneath.
Wide Fit Cushioned Sandal
- The synthetic uppers are lined for comfort and have an adjustable Velcro strap for a wider fit.
- The Footbed is fully cushioned with Performance 4D foam for comfort and shock absorbency.
- There is an anatomically designed footbed for optimal support.
- The Re-Eninerred EVA outsole is durable and has Traction pods for a better grip.
Sandals for Wide Feet
- The Dr. Comfort sandal is a fisherman-style Orthopedic sandal.
- They are available in wider widths and have a roomy toe box.
- There are layers of removable cushioning for your comfort.
- The footbed is ergonomic and supports your arches.
Orthopedic Wide Width Sandal
- Hush Puppies are Orthopedic sandals that are available in wider widths.
- They have adjustable leather uppers and a molded rubber outsole.
- The footbed is contoured and cushioned for your comfort.
- There are also a few more neutral color options available.
Wide Width Sandals
- From Dr. Scholls, we have sandals available in wider widths.
- They offer a roomy and wide fit in general with adjustable uppers.
- The sandal has leather uppers and a durable outsole.
- They are both available in more colors.
Wide Width Sandals
- The Clarks Slingback sandal ate perfect for wide feet.
- They are available in wider widths and more colors.
- There is an Ortholite footbed and EVA and Rubber outsole.
- The sandal has a textile lining and leather uppers.
Index Table: Top Rated Sandals for Extra Wide Feet
|No.||Product||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Propet® - Walking Sandal for Extra Wider Feet||Jordy||Pedic Walker||Propet||98.6|
|2||Orthofeet® - Fisherman’s Sandal for Wide Feet||Clearwater||Naples||Orthofeet||97|
|3||Vionic® - Flip Flop Sandal for Wide Feet||Wave||Wave||Vionic||97|
|4||Clarks® - Fashionable Sandal for Wide Feet||Malone Shore||Arla Jacory||Clarks||97|
|5||Skechers Sport® - Sports Sandal for Wide Feet||Open Toe||On The Go||Skechers Sport||97|
|6||Propet® - Wide Width Slide Sandal||Vero||June||Propet||97|
|7||Chaco® - Sports Sandals for Wide Feet||Classic Z2||Classic Z2||Chaco||97.9|
|8||Keen® - Outdoor Sandals for Wide Feet||Newport H20||Whisper||Keen||97.7|
|9||Drew® - Sandals for Wide Feet||Barcelona||Smiles||Drew||94.6|
|10||Under Armour® - Wide Fit Cushioned Sandal||Ignite||Ignite||Under Armour||97.8|
|11||Dr. Comfort® - Sandals for Wide Feet||Therapeutic||Therapeutic||Dr. Comfort||97.3|
|12||Hush Puppies® - Orthopedic Wide Width Sandal||Raul||Lilly||Hush Puppies||98|
|13||Dr. Scholl’s® - Wide Width Sandals||Gus||Adelle 2||Dr. Scholl’s||97|
|14||Clarks® - Wide Width Sandals||Slingback||Slingback||Clarks||97.7|