Sandal season is almost starting, and you are looking forward to slipping into those breezy and colorful pair of sandals.
But just as your feet need the right support from an athletic or closed shos style, so should your sandal also offer similar features.
If you have a high arch, it is vital to wear shoes that offer the right support and features for this foot type.
Why Do You Need Specialized High Arch Support Sandals
Individuals who have a high arched foot type usually deal with plenty of challenges in this foot type. This is because the weight of your feet and body gets focused on only two parts of your foot, namely the BALL of the foot and your HEEL.
Thus you need a sandal that matches the height of your arch when it comes to arch support to evenly distribute weight so that you do not experience pain and discomfort.
A sandal with a contoured and arch supportive footbed can easily do the trick and is not that hard to find as well.
Different Sandal Styles to Consider
There are a few types of sandals styles that you can easily consider;
- Birkenstock Design Type – Birkenstocks or sandals that mimic the shape of a Birkenstock sandal are perfect for high arches as the footbed offers good arch support and it has a wide design allowing you to splay the foot for even weight distribution evenly.
- Wedge Sandal – Need something a bit more classy and uniform, please avoid the heels as they add even more pressure to the forefoot and heel, and go for a uniform platform or wedge sole.
- Sports Sandal – You are sure to find a sports sandal brand and model that is explicitly aimed at arch support for a high arch though others have superb features for a higher arch type.
- Flip Flops – Your general beach flip flops will not offer you the support you need for a high arch, and they tend to be very flat. But you can look at brands such as Teva or Vionic, which have contoured and arch supportive footbeds with ample cushioning.
- Slide Sandals – The slide sandal is a leisurewear must-have, and similar to the flip flop can be quite flat and unsupportive, so make sure you consider a brand and model that offers good arch support and cushioning.
Features of a Good Sandal for High Arches
- Arch Support – A contoured and arch supportive footbed designed for a higher arch.
- Cushioning – Padding or cushioning in the midsole and footbed to absob shock on impact. Cushioning such as EVA, memory foam, or Foam andGel.
- Stability – A deeper heel cup, and motion control features to prevent Supination which is prone in higher arches.
- Outsole – Durable rubber outsole with a patterend tread for maximum grip and traction.
- Uppers – Smooth lined and adjustable straps.
Reviews: The Best Sandals for High Arches
below are our top pikcs for sandals that support a Higher Arch Type
Orthaheel Technology Sandals for High Arches
- A comfortable and casual everyday wearing sandal with soft and flexible uppers.
- There us a Tripe density EVA midsole for excellent shock absorbency and heel cushioning to attenuate impact.
- The Orthaheel technology footbed ensures proper arch support and alignment for a higher arch type.
- A durable and slip-resistant rubber outsole with a tread for outdoor and indoor use.
Casual Slip On High Arch
- The uppers are made from soft fabric and textile materials that are colorful and fun.
- The adjustable hook and loop star allows you to fully customize and change the overall fit of the shoe to your own personal preferences.
- There is a slight heel for stability and durable and high traction rubber outsole.
- The footbed consists of plush memory foam that conforms and molds to the shape of your foot to give you just the right amount of support for your specific foot shape and arch type.
High Arch Fisherman’s Sandal
- Comfortable and soft style uppers with the Smart Comfort system for a more customizable fit.
- There is a specially designed footbed that ensures comfortable and orthopedically designed anatomical support with multiple density layers.
- The Footbed is likewise removable so that you can use your won orthotic devices.
- The lightweight Nylon Shank offers excellent protection and stability.
- There is a protective Nylon shank that is lightweight.
- There is a durable outsole that has multiple density layers to provide superb shock absorbency.
- These two models are available in a few color options to choose from as you wish.
High Arch Support Flip Flop
- A thong style flip flop uppers design.
- The Orthalite technology offers ample cushioning and a contoured for the ideal arch support.
- A deeper heel cup aids with stability and prevents supination.
- There is likewise Tri-Planar Motion control technology in the footbed, which is perfect for a higher arch type and offers excellent supination control.
Arch Support Sandal for Achilles Tendonitis
- Features soft and flexible Textile and synthetic leather uppers that have a Velcro Closure for a customizable fit.
- The Shock absorbing Shock-Pad absorbs shock,, and protects your heels and joints against impacts.
- Inside is a Microban zinc-based odor treated lining on the footbed of the Verra, to ensure maximum sweat and odor control.
- The Contoured and arch supportive EVA cushioned footbed ensures maximum stability and control ideal for high arch type.
- It also comes with a highly durable and High Traction rubber outsole.
Sandal for A Higher Arch TYpe
- Smooth and elegant Leather and synthetic uppers that are comfortable and stylish.
- Ther is an EVA outsole and anatomically molded EVA footbed for superior comfort, support, and shock absorbency, which is ideal for a higher arched foot type.
- Both sandal models have a slight heel and a rubber outsole for grip.
- There is also a comfortable microfiber lining in the Get Your Kicks Model, which ensures less friction and irritation.
Sports Sandal for a High Arch
- There are Soft and flexible nubuck leather uppers to provide a comfortable fit, and the luxurious textile lining ensures breathability keeping you well adjusted in all climates.
- Both models feature the popular compression molded ethylene vinyl acetate footbed that absorbs the maximum amount of shock and provides exceptional support especially for a higher arch type.
- Then comes the highly durable and sturdy outsole that provides maximum grip and traction while remaining flexible enough for fast and easy movement if you take part in sports activities.
Summer Walk Sandals for High Arches
- In the Candace, there are soft and comfortable textile uppers, that are available in a large variety of colors for women.
- While the Nate for the Gents features Canvas and leather uppers in a fisherman style sandal.
- Both sandals are breathable and lightweight with the Vionic comfort Ortholite footbed, that is contoured and shaped for High Arch support.
- Both also have a durable rubber outsole for all terrains and surfaces.
Slide Sandals for High Arches
- The upper consists of a lined leather that reduces friction.
- There is a FLUIDFORM footbed that provides anatomical support and molds to the shape of your feet.
- Injection Molded EVA is used in the sole for shock absorbency and cushioning.
- A rubber outsole provides excellent traction and durability.
- There are also a few color options in this sandal range.
Sandals for High Arches
- The footbed of the Mayari offers anatomical cushioned support for a high arch type.
- Cork and latex are used for cushioning and durability in the footbed and midsole.
- There is a synthetic high grip outsole for better stability.
- The uppers are smooth leather and synthetic material with the buckle details and closure system.
Comfortable Flip Flops for High Arches
- The upper consists of a water-resistant rubber, and the sole is also made from water-resistant materials that are easy to clean.
- There is a heel cushioning system and forefoot cushioning system for optimal shock absorbency.
- In the midfoot, you will find the unique arch support, and there is also an anatomically shaped footbed.
- Choose between many colors in this comfortable flip flop range.
Index Table: Top Rated Sandals For High Arches
|No.||Product||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Vionic® - Orthaheel Technology Sandals for High Arches||Louden||Shore||Vionic||98.5|
|2||Skechers® - Casual Slip On High Arch||Louden||Reggae||Skechers||98|
|3||Timberland® - High Arch Fisherman’s Sandal||Altamond||Adley Shore||Timberland||96|
|4||Orthaheel Vionic® - High Arch Support Flip Flop||Tide||Tide||Orthaheel Vionic||97|
|5||Teva® - Arch Support Sandal for Achilles Tendonitis||Minam||Verra||Teva||96|
|5||Rockport® - Sandal for A Higher Arch TYpe||Get your Kicks||Ridge||Rockport||98|
|6||ECCO® - Sports Sandal for a High Arch||Yucatan||Kana||ECCO||96|
|7||Vionic® - Summer Walk Sandals for High Arches||Nate||Candace||Vionic||97|
|8||ECCO® - Slide Sandals for High Arches||Flowt||Damara||ECCO||94.5|
|9||Birkenstock® - Sandals for High Arches||Mayari||Mayari||Birkenstock||98|
|10||FitFlop® - Comfortable Flip Flops for High Arches||Iqushion||Iqushion||FitFlop||97.6|
Table of Contents
- Why Do You Need Specialized High Arch Support Sandals
- Different Sandal Styles to Consider
- Features of a Good Sandal for High Arches
- Reviews: The Best Sandals for High Arches
- Orthaheel Technology Sandals for High Arches
- Casual Slip On High Arch
- High Arch Fisherman’s Sandal
- High Arch Support Flip Flop
- Arch Support Sandal for Achilles Tendonitis
- Sandal for A Higher Arch TYpe
- Sports Sandal for a High Arch
- Summer Walk Sandals for High Arches
- Slide Sandals for High Arches
- Sandals for High Arches
- Comfortable Flip Flops for High Arches
- Index Table: Top Rated Sandals For High Arches