Generally, Flip Flops are light, flimsy, and offer very little support or comfort other than for wearing on a hot beach.
Yet there are so many excellent Flip Flop brands and models with great support features for foot conditions such as Plantar Fasciitis.
Plantar Fasciitis and How it Affects Your Feet
Plantar Fasciitis is a foot condition that is the most common cause of heel pain, which is commonly a stabbing pain that usually occurs with your first steps in the morning, or when you get up after sitting down for w while.
Here are a few Facts on Plantar Fasciitis and How it Affects your feet and choice in Flip Flop Flip Flops;
- Causes and Risk Factors – Your Plantar Fascia is the Bow String shaped tendons in your feet that supports the arch and helps to absorb shock on impact. With repetitive stress, the Plantar Fascia becomes inflamed and irritated, leading to Plantar Fasciitis. Being overweight, having a flat foot, and your age are all risk factors. However, exercises and activities that place repetitive pressure on the Plantar Fascia can also be the main cause.
- Complications with Plantar Fasciitis – Ignoring Plantar Fasciitis will eventually lead to chronic heel pain, which can change the way your walk and run, which in turn may lead to hip, back and foot problems.
- How the Right Shoes Helps – Wearing shoes that provided good arch support and added heel cushioning even in your Flip Flops could help to alleviate symptoms and allow the condition to heal.
What to Look for in a Flip Flop Flip Flop for Plantar Fasciitis
Here are a few considerations in a good Flip Flop for Plantar Fasciitis;
- Arch and Heel Support – Good arch support along with a hee cushion or cup is ideal in Plantar Fasciitis Flip Flops.
- Rigid Sole and Midfoot Cushioning – A less flexible and cushioned sole with a supportive and cushioned midsole helps to reduce pressure on the Plantar Fascia.
- Stability and Cushioning – Cushioning that allows for the least impact on your feet and some stability features to prevent Overpronation are also ideal in good Plantar Fasciitis Flip Flops.
Features of a Good Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
- Uppers – The Upper of Flip Flop Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis can be anything from textile material, to leather, EVA, or rubber. There are also lined uppers in some models with mesh and padded or adjustable fit uppers.
- Footbed – A cushioned and contoured, or Biomechanical anatomically shaped footbed is your best option for Plantar fasciitis. EVA, Memory Foam, Goga Mat Technology, or Crosslite foam can be used in the footbed for cushioning. Some Flip Flop models also have a textile or leather lining to wick away moisture.
- Outsole – Rubber or EVA are the best options in an outsole for a Flip Flop. A patterned or lug tread is ideal for slip resistance and traction on wet and dry surfaces.
- Other Features – Other features such as a Heel Cup, Heel Cushion, and arch support can also be ideal in a good Flip Flop for Plantar Fasciitis.
- Options – You will find a variety of color and print options in most Flip Flop models as well as the fit, size, and even width options from which you can choose, depending on the specific model.
- Closures and Adjustability – Flip Flops have a set design, although there may be one or two models that allow for adjustability on the upper thong.
Reviews: The Best Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
Listed are some ideal Flip Flop designs which help with Plantar Fasciitis;
Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
- The Upper consists of leather, and there is a plush and foamy flexible sole.
- An Ultra-Light anatomically designed midsole that is biomechanically engineered offers superb support and cushioning.
- There are impact pillows in the heel and ball of the foot are which ensures even better shock absorbency.
- The Air Foam cushioning in the sole is very lightweight and foamy, and the outsole offers excellent slip resistance and traction.
- Other than that, there are a few color options available for men and women in the range that I have selected.
Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
- The uppers consist of leather with a comfortable textile lining to reduce friction and wick away moisture.
- For the footbed, you haveEVA cushioning and a podiatrist design biomechanically engineered for orthopedic support.
- There is also a Deep heel cup for stability and dual layers if suede or leather for underfoot comfort.
- The TPR outsole is extremely durable and ensures excellent grip and traction.
Plantar Fasciitis Flip Flops
- Both Flip Flop feature soft and comfortable textile uppers and are available in a few color options.
- The Baleno has a soft and Plush 360 Memory Foam footbed for cushioning, while the On The Go 600 has a Goa Mat energizing foam cushioned footbed and lightweight 5Gen cushioning.
- Both Flip Flop has a contoured design footbed and a durable rubber design outsole for traction and slips resistance.
- These Flip Flops are also very lightweight and flexible for easy movement.
Leather Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
- The Malone has brown leather uppers and a synthetic sole with a low heel and comfortable PU contoured footbed.
- The Malone also features an Ortholite cushioned and supportive technology in the sole with premium leather for the uppers.
- The Breeze has a synthetic leather and textile uppers with a durable and slips resistant rubber sole and an EVA footbed.
- In the Breeze, you will also find that there is Cushion Soft-cushioning technology in the footbed.
- Although the Malone has only one available color options, the Breeze has quite a few colors from which you can choose.
Plantar Fasciitis Outdoor Flip Flops
- The Marathon Key 2 features leather uppers from synthetic materials with a HeatGear lined strap that wicks away moisture to keep your feet cool.
- In the Marathon Key, there is also a sculpted supportive and cushioned EVA footbed and a synthetic slip-resistant sole.
- Hence, in the Marbella, the uppers are textiles with many color options, and there is a footbed built with two layers of performance 4D foam.
- The footbed in the Marbella is also anatomically contoured, and there is a sculpted EVA sole with a durable rubber outsole.
Crosslite Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
- The Soft Foamy Crosslite material along with the contoured design footbed offers excellent comfort and support for Plantar Fasciitis.
- The entire Flip Flop is water-resistant and very easy to clean.
- The outsole tread design is built to last with lug patterns for added grip and slip resistance.
- There are henceforth, a few color options available for both men and women in the Crocs Duet Flip Flop.
Index Table: Top Rated Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
|No.||Product||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||FitFlops® - Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis||Iqushion||Iqushion||FitFlops||98.7|
|2||Vionic® - Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis||Tide 2||Tide 2||Vionic||98|
|3||Skechers® - Plantar Fasciitis Flip Flops||Reggae-Belano||On The GO 600||Skechers||97.8|
|4||Clarks® - Leather Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis||Malone||Breeze||Clarks||96.8|
|5||Under Armour® - Plantar Fasciitis Outdoor Flip Flops||Marathon Key 2||Marabella||Under Armour||97|
|6||Crocs® - Crosslite Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis||Duet||Duet||Crocs||97.8|
Table of Contents
- Plantar Fasciitis and How it Affects Your Feet
- What to Look for in a Flip Flop Flip Flop for Plantar Fasciitis
- Features of a Good Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
- Reviews: The Best Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
- Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
- Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
- Plantar Fasciitis Flip Flops
- Leather Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
- Plantar Fasciitis Outdoor Flip Flops
- Crosslite Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis
- Index Table: Top Rated Flip Flops for Plantar Fasciitis